Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pretty Fairy Treasures

I am in the mood for Spring!  As the weather gets colder and drearier my thoughts turn more and more to the coming Spring.  I dream of soft, fuzzy things and new growth.  I have been making lots of tiny bird nests.  These fairy wishing nests are magical nests for you to keep the deepest desires of your heart.  Store your wishes in the nest where a fairy will keep them safe and warm and just watch them grow as spring returns!  You can also store your treasures in these nests. I have little acorns and pinecones from my woodland wanders stored in my nest as well as this homemade soap which I formed into tiny egg shapes.  I also have bigger nests available on etsy now. These larger nests come with a homemade beeswax candle which smells like lilacs and spring!  So lovely!  Would be a nice Ostara/Easter gift. My creative energy is still quite high. I handpainted a buffalo tooth for my partner for Valentine's Day. It was very difficult, but I loved every minute! I have also been experimenting with fashion design and transformed an old skirt which I never wore into a lovely fairy skirt which I hope to wear lots! I believe I create more in the Winter, so as to escape the winter blues.  Once the weather is warmer I want to just be in nature and have my hands in the soil again. I can't wait to plant a garden!!! How do you survive winter?? I create art, cook stews and other warm food, bake, drink tea and read comforting stories.  And of course I cuddle my love and my son.







No comments:

Post a Comment