Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Tuesday Morning Musings

It's been a quiet morning at home for me and the little elf.  Harry explored this new world of his while I had breakfast (rice bowl with tamarind, tamari, cilantro and sesame seeds and a cup of tea with coconut milk) and sketched. I've become fascinated by a new shop on etsy (new for me), called Microscopic Art. Perhaps I had one art work in particular in mind as I created my morning sketch as there is a bit of a resemblance. http://www.etsy.com/listing/37748435/twirling-sea-anemones-8-x-10?

I am constantly amazed by the beauty that is found in nature. I am still inspired by mother earth in my creations above all.

I've been experimenting with candle-making and soap-making.  I am attempting to make tiny egg shaped soaps and/or candles to go with my birds nests.  Which would you prefer?  The candles would mostly be beeswax and essential oil and the soap either glycerin soap or french milled soap.  Perhaps I will make some of each.  I suppose I could make chocolate eggs for Ostara as well as it is just round the corner.  We made waldorf style candles the other day and I love the whimsical wonky shapes.  I find them so charming and quite organic in shape.  I can't wait for Harry to be old enough to help out with creative projects.  I wonder what he will enjoy the most?  He created his first sketch the other night.  I held the pen and he pulled on the paper and together we created something beautiful!! :)  I feel so grateful with the knowledge that my son is growing up in such a creative and warm environment.  Blessings to you all on this beautiful day!










1 comment:

  1. Thanks Naomi,
    I was really feeling how sweet home life can be as we went about our day. It's just been one of those days where I really appreciate the gifts that I have received and feel blessed. I have been enjoying reading your blog as well and saw those lovely photo's of daffodils! They are perhaps my favourite flower and your photo's are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete