Monday, January 14, 2013

This is a photograph that I took while at college in England.  I call this work of art "Ghosts of the New Forest."  The house in the photograph had been burnt in a fire years before and only the shell remained... now even that is gone.  The little boy in the photograph is almost a teenager now.  I saw a photo of him recently and couldn't believe how much he has changed in the past two years (when last I saw him).  To me this photograph represents those fleeting moments of time.  I sometimes try to hold onto the past, I even try to hold onto the present, but I must learn to let go.  That which no longer serves a purpose for me must be let go of. At this moment in time my spirit is telling me to let go of all attachment and sever those ties which bind me.  When I look back over the years, there was a short period of time when I was still living at home in the New Forest when I feel my life was just about perfect.  It was probably the best time of my life, certainly the happiest and most spiritually uplifting period.  Since then I have had lots of struggles, from losing the most amazing dad in the world to dealing with a brother who suffers with psychosis, to becoming poor and homeless.. you name it.  Throughout it all I somehow managed to connect with my ancestral beings, with the nature spirits, with mama earth.  I never lost faith, never lost hope.. and I got through it.
This photograph reminds me of that perfect time all those years before and gives me hope that I can connect with the ghosts from my past.  Things will never be quite the same again, but more than anything, it's the feeling of hope and happiness and complete love and trust in the universe that I want to connect with again.  I believe that feeling is what I yearn for more than anything.

So my meditation for the evening?  I am going to journey to this moment in time and say hello to my two dear friends and to the forest that I love so well and I am going to say thank you and now it is time to move on to the next chapter.  I am going to practice letting go of all my pain and stress and fear which has been accumulating since I began my latest relationship.  Time to release, time to reflect and perhaps time to say farewell and let's move on...?  I will see what transpires, what message comes to me from the spirit world.

No comments:

Post a Comment